There are 2 main ways to set/configure http proxy in your java application.
- As a command line option when invoking the VM
- Using the System.setProperty(String, String) in your code
There are 3 properties you can set to specify the proxy that will be used by the http protocol handler:
- http.proxyHost: the host name of the proxy server
- http.proxyPort: the port number, the default value being 80
- http.nonProxyHosts: a list of hosts that should be reached directly, bypassing the proxy
Example of using command line option to set proxy configuration on java
java -Dhttp.proxyHost=webcache.mydomain.com -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080
Example of using code to configure proxy setting on java
//Set the http proxy to webcache.mydomain.com:8080
// Next connection will be through proxy.
There are other proxy settings that you can set as well such as https, ftp, socks.